Monday, July 5, 2010

The Tension. . .

I was listening to a financial show yesterday, while waiting in the car... Anyway, one of the
guys talking saying something that I think may be a common misperception.  He said,
 
Democrats are a party of PASSION and the Republicans are a party of LOGIC
 
It was such a revelation for me, I had to write it down because I didn't want to forget exactly what he said, and how I felt at the time... It's strange that it happened on Independence day, too.  It explains exactly why I haven't been able to identify with either party exclusively.  I consider myself an independent. 
 
I don't believe that passion and logic have to be exclusive in our lives (or our politics)  In fact, I'd say that when I have been able to make a good decision, it has been a result of both - not in equal parts necessarily, but applied appropriately for the circumstance... 

Posted via email from concernedabouteducation's posterous

No comments: